Safe Infant Sleep Social Media Block Party
Join us for a Safe Infant Sleep Social Media Block Party, October 26 to 29, 2020, for a series of four 8- to 15-minute Facebook Live events on safe infant sleep topics.
To mark Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Awareness Month in October, we’re celebrating parents, caregivers, service and healthcare providers, advocates, babies, and everyone who helps babies sleep safely every day.
Each day features a live event co-hosted by a different organization, including NICHD/Safe to Sleep®, Charlie’s Kids Foundation, Cribs for Kids®, and First Candle.
Join one, two, or all of the safe infant sleep social media parties to learn tips and get answers to common questions about safe infant sleep:
- October 26, 3:30 p.m. ET: Doctor’s Tips for Breastfeeding Mamas—Let’s Talk About Safe Infant Sleep (co-hosted by NICHD/Safe to Sleep® and Children’s National Hospital )
- October 27, 7:30 p.m. ET: Fireside Chat with Dr. Sam—Why Is Practicing Safe Sleep So Hard, and How Can Dads Help? (hosted by Charlie’s Kids )
- October 28, 7:00 p.m. ET: The First 90 Days—What Every Parent Must Know About Safe Sleep (co-hosted by First Candle , Regal Lager® , and Love to Dream™ )
- October 29, 12:00 p.m. ET: Caregiver Confidence—Implementing Your Safe Sleep Plan in a Caregiving Setting (hosted by Cribs for Kids® )
See a party that you want to attend but can’t make the date or time? Not to worry! We’ll share links to the recorded parties on this webpage, so be sure to check back here after the block party.
Submit Your Questions
Do you have questions about any of the party topics or for the hosts?
Feel free to send them in advance to nichdSafetoSleep@mail.nih.gov. Your question could be featured during one of the parties!
Spread the Word
Help spread the word about the Safe Infant Sleep Social Media Block Party by sharing information with your followers and fellow safe infant sleep advocates, parents, and caregivers. We invite everyone to watch the discussions and participate in the live chat to ask questions and share tips and resources in the comment feed.
You can use the following messages and images from our Flickr album to spread the word on your social media channels:
- Facebook: Save the date for a safe infant sleep block party, 10/26 to 10/29. Each day, on Facebook Live, experts will discuss safe infant sleep and answer common questions about safe sleep. Learn more about our block party. https://bit.ly/32UsIJd #SafeSleepParty #SIDSAwarenessMonth #InfantSafety @nichdgov @FirstCandleForBabies @CharliesKidsFoundation @CribsforKidsHeadquarters
- Twitter: Save the date for a safe #infant sleep block party during #SIDSAwarenessMonth, 10/26 to 10/29. Experts will answer FAQs about #SafeSleep for babies on Facebook Live. Find out how you can tune in. https://bit.ly/32UsIJd #SafeSleepParty
Tag in graphic: @NICHD_NIH, @First_Candle, @Charlies_Kids, @CribsForKids