The death of a baby is tragic for parents, caregivers, and loved ones, as well as friends and members of the community.1
The Safe to Sleep® campaign and its collaborators and partners offer sympathy and empathy to families and communities that experience such losses, especially those from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) and other sleep-related situations.
The following organizations offer resources for families who have lost a baby:
- First Candle is a nonprofit organization committed to helping babies reach their first birthdays. Select from the “Bereavement” menu on the website for grief and support resources.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): SIDS: Parents and Caregivers page links to several organization that offer support to families who have experienced the death of an infant.
- Cribs for Kids®: Healing Hearts provides resources related to grief and bereavement for the loss of an infant. This non-profit organization provides free or reduced-cost safe sleep spaces and safe sleep education to families.
- March of Dimes: Loss & Grief page offers suggested ways for parents to cope with tragic loss related to miscarriage and stillbirth.
- Postpartum Support International: Loss & Grief in Pregnancy & Postpartum page provides resources and discussion support material for parents coping with grief.