The Safe to Sleep® campaign offers photos and other types of media to help spread the word about safe infant sleep environments.
The images below provide examples of safe sleep environments that follow the safe sleep strategies explained in Safe to Sleep® materials.
These low-resolution images are available for your convenience. If you choose to use the images, you are agreeing to:
- Use the images for educational purposes only
- Use the images in a manner that does not suggest an endorsement or promotion of a specific product, service, individual, or organization
- Use the images only in materials or on items that are free to the public/do not require a fee or payment
The Safe to Sleep® campaign can provide high-resolution versions of some photos used in its materials for certain situations. Visit the Request to Use Safe to Sleep® Logo and High-Resolution Images section to learn more.
Organizations and individuals frequently ask to use the Safe to Sleep® logo on their websites and in social media platforms as a way to link to the campaign website, or on their printed materials as a way to show their support of safe sleep messages. However, this type of use falls outside of the permitted uses outlined in the trademark requirements for the logo.
As an alternative, the Safe to Sleep® campaign offers the following encoded web-ready badges (216 x 288 pixels each) and a printable ID icon to use for these purposes.
Web Badges 1 and 2
For tracking purposes only, we ask that you complete the Badge/Icon Request Form (PDF - 41 KB) and submit it to the NICHD Information Resource Center by email (NICHDInformationResourceCenter@mail.nih.gov) or by FAX (1-866-760-5947).
Once your request is received, the NICHD Information Resource Center will email you the requested item(s).
The Safe to Sleep® campaign can allow use of the Safe to Sleep® name and logo as well as high-resolution versions of selected photos for certain situations.
To make a determination about your request, campaign leadership need to have the following information in writing:
- Desired image/Logo
- Intended use
- Planned method of distribution
- Names of authors or sponsors that will appear with the image or logo
- Number of items you intend to produce
- Fee, if any, for the item
Use the Safe to Sleep® Request Form (PDF - 149 KB) to ensure you are providing all the necessary information about your request. Campaign staff will respond to your request in a timely manner.
Email NICHDInformationResourceCenter@mail.nih.gov if you have additional questions or needs.
The following informational videos describe ways to reduce the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) and other sleep-related infant deaths.
If you choose to use the videos, you are agreeing to:
- Use the videos for educational purposes only
- Use the videos in a manner that does not suggest an endorsement or promotion of a specific product, service, individual, or organization
- Use the videos only in materials or on websites that are free to the public/do not require a fee or payment