About SIDS and Safe Infant Sleep
The Safe to Sleep® campaign, formerly known as the Back to Sleep campaign, focuses on actions you and others can take to help your baby sleep safely and to reduce your baby's risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) and other sleep-related causes of infant death.
The term "SIDS" may sound scary, and the death of a baby is always heartbreaking. But there are a number of ways you can lower his or her risk while giving your baby the best care possible.
Learning about SIDS and safe sleep for babies is important for all caregivers, not just for parents. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, babysitters, childcare providers, and anyone else who might care for babies should learn more. Simple actions can make a big difference.
Select a link below or from the menu on the left to learn more about SIDS and safe sleep for your baby:
- What Is SIDS?
- What Do We Know About Risk for SIDS and Other Sleep-Related Causes of Infant Death?
- What Is a Safe Sleep Environment?
- Babies Need Tummy Time!
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About SIDS and Safe Infant Sleep
- Myths and Facts About SIDS and Safe Infant Sleep
- View, Download, and Order Materials About Reducing the Risk of SIDS and Other Sleep-Related Causes of Infant Death