The Safe to Sleep® campaign offers many free resources to help reach communities on digital channels and spread the word about safe infant sleep.
The Safe to Sleep® campaign offers photos and graphics for your convenience. If you choose to use the images, you are agreeing to use them only:
- For educational purposes only
- In a manner that does not suggest an endorsement or promotion of a specific product, service, individual, or organization
- In materials or items that are free to the public and do not require a fee or payment to access
- Suggested image credit/citation: Image courtesy of the Safe to Sleep® campaign, for educational purposes only; Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, https://safetosleep.nichd.nih.gov.
On This Page
The Safe to Sleep® images provide examples of safe sleep areas and situations that follow the latest safe sleep recommendations. Through our Flickr album, you can access photos in different sizes for different social media platforms, such as Twitter and Facebook.
You can also add hashtags for health observances, such as #BreastfeedingMonth in August or #SIDSAwarenessMonth in October.
Ask your friends or colleagues to like and share your posts.
These infographics explain key points related to reducing the risk for Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) and other sleep-related infant deaths.
You can also find these images and more on NICHD’s Flickr album . All resources are available for free and have no copyright restrictions.
Estas infografías explican los puntos clave relacionados con la reducción del riesgo del síndrome de muerte súbita del bebé y otras muertes infantiles relacionadas con el sueño. También puede encontrar estas imágenes y más en el álbum de Flickr del NICHD.
Todos los recursos de Seguro al Dormir® están disponibles de forma gratuita y no tienen restricciones de derechos de autor, por lo que puede compartirlos con su audiencia en forma impresa, en las redes sociales y sitios web, y a través de otros canales.
Because of copyright limitations, the Safe to Sleep® logo is not available by itself for general use.
However, the logo is available upon request as part of the following web-ready badges and printable icons.
The badges (each 216 × 288 pixels) are a convenient way to link to the Safe to Sleep® website from your digital channels, while the printable icon can be sized as needed for hard copy materials.
Complete the Badge/Icon Request Form (PDF 69 KB) and submit it to the NICHD Information Resource Center by email (NICHDInformationResourceCenter@mail.nih.gov) or by fax (1-866-760-5947). Once your request is received, the NICHD Information Resource Center will contact you about your request. If your request is approved, you will receive the graphic file in an appropriate format as well as any linking or coding information.
The Safe to Sleep® campaign offers a free and easy way to add accurate, up-to-date information on safe infant sleep and SIDS directly to your website. Syndication pulls Safe to Sleep® content into your website’s existing look and feel and updates the content automatically if any changes are made to the source information.
Because the content and graphics are developed by the federal government, they are in the public domain, meaning you can use these items without needing permission so.
Here’s how to get the syndicated content:
- Create a free account at the HHS Syndication Storefront.
- Sign in, browse, and choose your NIH health topics.
- Search “Safe to Sleep” to find syndicated pages from the campaign.
- Add the code snippet to your site—the information on your site will update automatically when we update our page.